View Single Post
Old 25th March 2015, 20:43

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road
Default Some Pix

Have sorted some pix from the last couple of days, they say a picture tells a thousand words, so, here goes, with a few words too.

The fan brackets I spent over two days making.

The bottom bracket:

This is one of the three connections to the hub motor, the tube is cut from a child stairgate, brazed to a piece of 1/8" X 1" strip held to the motor by an M6 Stainless cap screw and nut. It's so long since I did any brazing I can't remember when! Bit like riding a bike, it soon came back to me. Brazing is rather like soldering, very handy for holding two bits of metal together when they aren't doing too much heavy work.

A general view of the fan assembly:

The fuse Boxes I fitted today. The far one is taken from a Renault I think, the other is a spade 6 way fusebox which I have looped all the inputs together by soldering a link underneath.

It's a bit difficult to understand this one, it's my brake light switch. There is a microswitch behind that aluminium plate held by the two black X point screws. You can just see the switch contact with the brake pedal lever, when the brake pedal is pressed the contact is released and the switch turns the brake lights on. The concertina bit is the Ford steering column and the split pin is the brake pivot pin holding the shaft which pushes the servo.

The handbrake and gear lever, the bias spring can be seen here. Note, also my Marlin gear lever knob! The hand brake is from a series 2 Land Rover.

A second view of the gear lever with the reversing lamp switch. The wires broke off the switch and needed re-soldering on.

The little cover I made for the reversing lamp sw.

This is the Moor & Wright engineers square I had given at the weekend, 24" tall, bigger than my little pillar drill!

Well that's all the pix for now. Thanks for reading my thread.

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 25th March 2015 at 20:47..