View Single Post
Old 29th March 2015, 18:37

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

BSM, Thanks very much for this pix, not a problem clicking on the links and then returning to the post.

Initially I will be going without a hoop but as soon as I am satisfied with the car I will install one.

Michael and I have been running the Marlin RV8, it purrs like a big pussy cat! I have set the dwell and was about to check the timing when the bottom hose burst off it's connection, we both got showered in pretty hot water. Nobody hurt and I think it's mended now. I think it could have been my fault, I think the Jubilee clip on that connection wasn't tightened properly.

It's a hang over from the previous owner who's engineering skills were second to almost anything. The tube used to connect the two halves of the bottom hose is polished stainless steel with no bead, so it's just a short, smooth piece of slippery pipe. I should have junked it but the prices CBS (and others) charge for such a small component are well within my definition of rip-off. I may have to bite the bullet or get myself to a lathe to make my own. Even ribs machined in the existing tube would help, I suppose roughening it with the angle grinder would be another alternative.