View Single Post
Old 29th March 2015, 22:31

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
I can't remember the specific details but I think there is an issue with getting a Berlinetta through the IVA. Something to do with the front suspension that VOSA have decided is not safe. The price probably reflects the fact that is not IVA'd or registered.
My understanding is there is no way VOSA will pass a Berlinetta with the Cortina front cross member/subframe because it's not carrying the imposed loads in the way Ford intended, nor is it mounted as Ford intended. I am aware of a Berlinetta with welded in suspension mounts like the Cabrio which uses a form of Sierra suspension but are't there issues with using the cut down struts?

When I fist saw mine I thought it needed a strut across where the engine would have been, that isn't practicable because of the position of the nose cone but I have put a strut across the front extensions which carry the tie rods to help strengthen that area. Time will tell if that improves things.

There is no mention of a V5 or date of registration, if it is unregistered then it's grossly overpriced in my opinion, only worth the value of the parts, which while they may be new they are old hat.