View Single Post
Old 25th April 2015, 06:43

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Ed - There is a bit of work left on the boot lid, but getting past yesterday's problems was a big step in the right direction.

Although at some point I need to make some final decisions about how this build will progress:
- Working moon rover before bonding body shell vs. bond body shell on & then make it all work.
- Present it for an MOT (i.e. get it on the road) in primer vs. finish the body work & paint it first.

This last option may actually be my best hope of actually driving this car before the year is out.
It may also be a practical option, as I fear the MOT will throw up some more construction work.

In particular, I am convinced the headlights will need to minor "cut & shut" work to point in the right direction.
( But this is something I can't really test properly myself. )

Similarly, as far as the MOT is concerned the boot lid is done, as it is now firmly secured in place.
Whereas there is a lot of filler work required to blend in all the edges so they line up across the gaps.
( As there was slight distortion to the hump profiles on both the body shell & the lid during construction. )

Anyway, as usual, there is lots to think about and plenty of other things to do first.

Although as it is raining outside & the forecast is a bit hit & miss, I might stick with non car stuff this weekend.

Cheers, Paul.