View Single Post
Old 16th November 2019, 14:06

Paul L is on a distinguished road

OK, I've no idea what is going on with the photos, one minute they are there, then they are gone and then they are back.

Hopefully, the photos in this post will now appear, so going back a few days...

Tuesday
I tried to start the car for the first time in around 3 weeks.

Which combined with the fact is was cold out, meant that the engine struggled to fire up.

In fact, I was just about to give up in order to avoid draining the battery when it finally burst into life.

So I took it for a quick spin to add some fresh petrol which I hoped would help.

Wednesday
I thought one of the bulbs in the main dials had blown, so I hoped it would be a quick fix.

In the end, I spent almost 3 hours F'ing and Blinding and scraping my fingers and hands in the cold.

What a complete nightmare, but at least all the dash lights now worked.

After checking the oil, I even gave the car a bit of a wash.

Then it was off to Enginuity in Acton for some pre-MOT work.

As for the last few years, getting the car to pass the emissions test has been a real pain.

So this time around, the garage would get the engine up first and then get the MOT test.

I also got them to look at the advisories from last time, so it was a 100% clear pass this year.

Saturday
Collected the car and as the weather was not looking promising, just stopped a couple of times.

Post #445 should have the first photo in it and this was the second one.

Note:
This last phone was actually taken with my new phone, as I finally have got one with a camera better than my 'build' camera.

With a bit of luck I will finally get a chance to post the replies to other threads that I've been promising for ages now.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
I also took this photo with my phone as we approach that 'Wembley Henge' time of the year.