View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:24
Enthusiast

kartman is on a distinguished road

There could be many excuses.....as I have experienced the show from both sides these are my thoughts.

The make up of visitors, particularly at Stoneleigh, has a large proportion of existing kit car owners, many at the 'budget' end of the scale (no brands mentioned to prevent Kartman bashing....) who are very unlikely ever to buy a kit of the value of a GTM. The social side of Stonleigh is one of the big attractions of the event. Secondly, there are also a large proportion of 'one day I'm gonna build one of these kits' people, who can take up a lot of exhibitors time, when the real potential buyers get away. They may have taken the view that a 'real' buyer will attend the factory for a test drive, etc. From what I have noticed of GTM's marketing recently they have been going into non kit car type areas, such as the Telegraph.

Probably for GTM to attend the show, pay for the space, additional brochures, pay staff, etc will probably pay out something around £7-8K.

GTM are a business and I am sure they must of estimated the potential loss of not going against the expense. I am sure they did not just sit round a table and decide they could not be 'a***d'

Perhaps Kitcarman can bring something to this?