View Single Post
Old 8th March 2019, 12:31

deni is on a distinguished road

Mister Towed - thank you for your comments. I have bought a couple of 2nd hand seat base assemblies, and, as an experiment, I have already made one of them narrower, just to see how much closer I can position the seats towards the middle. I might need to make some additional "brave grinder cuts" in the corners of the body. I will trial fit the body with the seats in this weekend and will post an update later on. I would really like to use these seats, so I will try and do my best to fit them

Paul L - thank you too for your comments and suggestions. I did not think about the MOT, but you're right, it is important to leave a good impression.
Also, some of my friends were asking why am I painting the parts that won't be visible, like gearbox bell housing or diff, etc., and they would say "no one would see or know", but the point is that I would know.
Thank you for posting your photos as well. I was thinking that if I have to add the brace after fibreglassing to use bonding paste instead of welding, to avoid melting the fibreglass. I will weld the tubing below the plate and the battery compartment though before fibreglassing.

Mitchelkitman - Wow! I didn't know that, so thanks for the heads up. I will try to find more information about it. I will make sure that when I apply Waxoyl to avoid contact with fibreglass.