View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:05

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute automotive 2016 news

Since starting TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE back in 2010 I have realised that survival in the kit car business world can be reliant on introducing new ideas and new kit models to the market place on a regular basis to keep customers engaged and interested. To this end we have introduced 10+ models under the TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE banner since the launch of the MX250, some proving more popular than others, but all have been a progression to where we are as 2016 begins.

2015 was a good business year for TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE, but a difficult one for me personally for various reasons. This has made me take stock of life and work, which everyone needs to do at sometime, and make some changes. The Development of new kits has been slow in 2015, with only the 250 SWB for the Z3 making it to the market place. The development side of the business is where I derive most enjoyment, although the least immediate financial reward. There are many new TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE products in the pipeline which will hopefully be received with the customer enthusiasm that previous models have had.

I do not want to go down the well trodden kit car business path of expansion and collapse that so many companies have taken before, so a plan to move forward has taken shape. Some TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE kit models are already made under licensed deals from third parties, the MRS200 and imminent DINO for example, with others such as the SAMMIO range and HARDY COUNTY HOT RODS (HCHR) manufactured by us but sold by the mould owners under their own company names. My plan is to licence out some of the existing 100% owned TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE moulds/products to other companies hence removing the sales representation, and to varying degrees the manufacture, of the chosen kits. The split of exact models are still in negotiation, but our own HOT ROD (not HCHR) models (1932 3 and 5 window Model B's, 1927 Model T along with 2 additional imminent models) will be going as a package, with builds, to a local firm. There will be a certain amount of "introductory overlap" with website, internet and phone representation whilst product/market place familiarisation takes place. Overflow of lamination and steel fabrication work may also be outsourced. Some changes to existing trade/retail pricing and contracts (verbal and renewable written) may have to occur. All of this will not extend current quoted delivery timescales, it may even improve them.

Once everything is in place there will be more time for kit development, and importantly more time for family and friends.

17 weeks to the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show. Our order book is full for months ahead. Roll on 2016.
Available from eBay