View Single Post
Old 9th November 2018, 20:27

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Its getting mixed reactions apparently ...people wrongly viewing it as a replica and getting their knickers twisted over proportions etc ....I view it as a homage , a modern rendition of a 356 , similar to the new Mini and new Beetle ETC ... And on that level , I think its very clever and a real credit to them ...
+1 fella! The trouble with kit and turnkey/custom market is we are always going to offend someone. Iconic cars have their hard and fast following, but not everyone can either afford/build or construct them. Does this mean we should stifle our passions? Definately not. I love the original 356 car, but also think this is a very capable and polished interpretation from the photo. I know we do the same on here a bit by pushing what we believe is right or wrong, but sometimes people have to realise that different tastes or different strokes are what makes us unique and that shouldn’t stop people pursuing projects!
I absolutely love this forum for that “inclusive approach” and everyone’s engagement and encouragement whatever the vision of the builder.
(Caveat: 90% of the time!)