View Single Post
Old 24th September 2017, 13:26

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thank you for breaking that down Paul ...

I agree with pretty much everything you have put on there ...I really don't think gaining MOT exemption is worth the aggro it could create ...not just for the individual , but the hobby in general ...

It's an interesting proposal ...I do wonder , being a synical old sod , what the bigger agenda is ...where DVLA is hoping this will lead DVLA in their clampdown of our hobby ...

I am so glad our style of car falls into its particular category along with a long history of coachbuilt and special built vehicles for the last century or so .....

The Hot Rod / Hot Hatch gangs will have a harder time with this new ruling ...

I moved away from Hot Rod builds when registering them got harder and harder , as well as donor material drying up and increasing in price as a result .. A sideways step into my other area of great interest seemed to be an obvious 'survival strategory' for me .....I was talking to a Hot Rod mate earlier this week and 2 shops he knows of are already planning on winding down and not taking new commissions as a result of legislation squeeze ...

And yes , ACE was mocked and ridiculed for scaremongering and disbanded as a result ....Kev Rooney , my old mate and a main player in ACE was very helpful in the early S*mmio days helping me make sure the cars were a legitimate design concept and were able to be built with minimum issue ...I valued his opinion ....bet some people are wishing they listened a bit harder now ....

I think the Hot Rod section of Ebay is about to get very busy ....

Last edited by lancelot link; 24th September 2017 at 13:32..