View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 06:37

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

I'm inclined to agree about the dateless reg on black plates with raised white plastic letters adding to the desirability of the car, but only to a UK buyer.

As for the legal side of things I can't comment on the situation regarding whether an SVA'd car's reg can be changed as that's a bit out of my comfort zone..

What I can say is that it would take an extremely knowledgeable traffic cop to recognise that your car should be on reflective plates with characters of a specific style and size, bearing the postcode of the plate supplier, and an extremely overzealous one to give you a ticket if they did.

If you do get stopped by the law it's more likely to be so they can have a chat and a good look at your car rather than to try to find fault with it.

MOT testers on the other hand might take a different view.

Oh, and I'm not condoning any law breaking here, I'm just of the opinion that to the average plod there's a massive difference between fitting period plates to a classic replica and changing the font/style/spacing so much on the German plates fitted to your clapped out Caddy or stupidly small plates fitted to your Jap import that the actual registration is impossible to read.

Looking forward to seeing this one in the metal, btw, please keep us posted regarding any shows you'll be visiting