View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 07:59

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very Andy View Post
Oh a Banham New Speedster.. Rare as hens teeth that!

Did anyone ever build a BNS?

Might be wrong but I had my misgivings re cooling, as the intention was for it to be front engined, water cooled Metro but I didn't think it had anywhere near enough ventilation for a standard radiator let alone one from British Leyland!
I bought one years ago as an unfinished project ...They had quite a few issues . The front wings covered quite a few of the engine bay components , things like the battery and electrics were half covered by bodywork with no real easy solution to how to rectify it ..Many items would be impossible to remove once the body was in place....The 550 I built was not without issues but seemed a bit better thought out ...I got the impression the Speedster was developed very quickly to get it on the market without thinking about or maybe caring about how it would be built ..You would kind of accept that if it was cheap , but they were quite expensive at the time ...

I used the body and put it on a modified Beetle chassis that I seperated from an unfinished Charger kit car !