View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 10:34

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

THANKS ROADSTER ...It is a lot of work , yes , but Glan is a definitely the right man to turn my rambling into reality ...I am so pleased with his work so far ..its absolutely skinting me out ..but the end results will be well worth it ...
Prettier than the Spyder ? Well , equally as pretty , maybe !!! ......I love the S*mmio , for obvious reasons , despite being estranged nowadays ....The Formosa 120 GR ( final name ) will be a different car to the S*mmio range ...same concept , but doors , bootlid , flowcoated bodyshells with minimal bodywork required with exposed tig welded tube internal framework , set back engine etc.... A higher spec , higher priced option ......

PAUL....There may well be yes , not sure what we are doing in the middle yet , but the engines are being set back 8'' , so this goes a long way to sorting clearance issues out anyway ...

Picking up on something you said earlier ...With our cockpit liner , exposed frame , including inner wings and radiator mounts hopefully .. body with minimal prep required ..the task of moving the engine back is greatly offset by the hundreds of hours less involved in body prep and interior work etc....thats the plan anyway ...

Monday I am driving to Southampton to see my mate who I have known for 15 years and we have been involved in projects before ..he runs a business doing custom tubework , Sand Rails , off Road cages etc amongst other stuff including some film work recently ......He is going to be making the internal frames for me as soon as we can get an outer skin body up to him sat on a chassis ....All framework including the rear section with tank mounts and the cowl section for column mount etc. will be tube , even if out of sight ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 17th December 2016 at 20:44..