View Single Post
Old 20th December 2016, 16:54

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

YEP ..THAT'S HIM ...Mark ...

I spent an hour at his place today and , as luck would have it , he has a Vitesse in the corner ...a few sketches , ideas thrown about etc. and we are good to go ...

Framework is going to be a one piece item incorporating rear frame behind the rear bulkhead that will incorporate the fuel tank mount and bracketry to accept a spare wheel , that will be accessed through the boot aperture...as we travel forward the exposed side rails will locate the body around the doorshuts and be bolted through the chassis using existing bodymount points ( similar to a S*mmio ) , the front section will pick up on the door hinge mounting points and be tied side to side with a tube section running behind the dash including the new steering column mount as well .....The change we have made to my original idea I had was Mark is going to make steel dropped floorpans tied together with a prop tunnel and this will be welded to the framework too.....making handbrake fitting easier too ..

So you will be sat on a steel floor , inside a steel cage.

The only seperate sections are the new tubular inner wings to replace the tin ones and these will have radiator mountings included too ...

So its going to be a very comprehensive frame , that once fitted and the body is fully bolted and bonded to it and the bulkhead in place will become virtually a completely enclosed bodyshell...