View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 21:01

swifty is on a distinguished road

After the 100 mile run on sunday i had a few things to sort out the first being to tighten the front wheel bearings slightly by one split pin hole through the hub castle nut.

Next was to alter the Spax settings as the original set up gave the car a feeling as if it was running on solid wheel's, the front had 28 clicks while the rear had 15 clicks change the rear to 6 clicks and the front 12 clicks, the change in handling and general comfort was exceptional, it has made the ride feel smooth while giving a more confident overall feel in the corners so pleased so far. My intentions are to run with the new settings for a couple of days then turn each up by 4 clicks and compare.

The final piece of the build was completed on Monday when the car was dropped off for the decals to be fitted.

IMG_6700.jpg IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg IMG_6701.jpg

Overall i am very pleased with the finish just need to put a badge below Pegasus near to the sill area. The guy who did the decals has used individual vinyl layers to make up the colours as he says this way last's longer than using printed designs which rub off after time with polish. It take's a little longer to make the decals this way and fit them as you have to be spot on with the alignment of the various layers but the end job is excellent.

Things left to do are
A - Sort the hot start problem.
B - Modify the air box to stop it rubbing on the underside of the bonnet.
C - Fit two ram air pipes to the carbs inside the air box.
D - Order and fit Mintex 1144 front pads.
Been talking to a couple of guys who have fitted ram air pipes to GT6 engines and they say a 3/4 inch high is the best it should give about 5-6% better air flow, they also say to leave the air box fitted piped in to take cool air to the carbs, i was thinking of fitting the ram air pipes directly to the carb intake's and removing the air box but doing this will remove the cool air element.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 10th May 2016 at 21:08..