Thread: 250 swb build
View Single Post
Old 6th July 2016, 19:45

lancelot link is on a distinguished road
Default 250 swb build

I was approached via Jeff H on here to put a 250 SWB together for a guy that had started the build but come up against a brick wall . He went to see Jeff's car with a view to building some similar features to Jeffs into his and , long story short ..I have the build .
Jeff will be doing prep and paint , I have been asked to fit the kit and incorporate a few changes ...

The customer had fitted the front end , placed the rear section on but not fitted , wired the rear lights in , fitted grille and plates and door frames ...and drove it 65 miles to my workshop !!

I made a start yesterday ..

I have fabricated from ally sections , some rain channels to go around the bonnet aperture .. these are bonded , rivetted and fibreglassed in place .

I have done the inner wing slice both sides , I chose the two slice method and glassed it back together .
I have removed the original BMW wing mounts ..
Washer jets and side repeaters have been trial fitted .

I have begun to fit hidden fixings to hold the bonnet in place , simple homemade 'bighead' style fixings using flat plate and 8mm bolts welded in the centres , bonded to the underside with tiger seal ...

I have also removed the doors and interior in preperation for the shorter door / higher cill modification that this ones getting too ...
Available from eBay