View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Afternoon - Part 2:
Then I added some parcel tape to the underside of the last set of fixing brackets I'd put on.

By now, the wind was playing havoc with my "laminating table".

But eventually the job was done.

My final bit of fibre glassing for the day was to add some matting to the inside of the body shell on the passenger side.

I will continue to beef this section up to support the cutting, moving & shutting of the body shell on this side.

Just before I started to tidy up, I made a bit more mess by grinding down the filler in the spare hump.

At some point I will add more of the creased matting "left overs" to this side of the hump.

I have also been thinking about how to support the rear of the cockpit when the body is bonded on.

I've already mentioned my plan to add a flat section between the humps to support a "bonding blob".

I think I will also do something similar underneath the corners of the cockpit.

So if I add a small flat surface "two fingers" high here...

I can leave a bonding blob on top to be squashed to size.

I just need to measure and mark things up carefully, as I will be widening the cockpit corners as well.

The heat meant that everything was set enough for the body shell to be put back in place so I could tidy up.

At least we don't have a hose pipe ban, as it takes me long enough to clean the drive as it is.