View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 14:03

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Smile chassis

Hi all

After a few weeks of proper work I've had a day off on the dino. Thought I'd look in to where the 85mm needs to go. While I was at cascu's workshop I put my tape measure over various parts of his 246 jig.Comparing them to the deon chassis is another eye opener.
The center floor pan is the same width on both. The outer chassis rails are longer on the cascu 246 but the 246 bulkhead starts further in and at approx 20 degree angle leaning back. The top of the bulkhead on both is the same!
As both the 206 and 246 engine lids are the same I've taken the measure in relation to the wheel arch from that point. The rear chassis rails on the deon are in the right place as regards the boot lid hinge points so this must stay the same resulting in the engine needing moving backwards 85mm in the engine bay. It's going to be tight and I may have to redesign the rear bottom wishbones. Top wishbones are ok as is top mount for coil over. Slowly getting there!
On another point the deon's rear wheel is not central to the wheel arch. It's approx 13mm closer to the front of the arch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (94.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (89.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (85.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (91.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (87.6 KB, 20 views)