View Single Post
Old 7th June 2013, 20:44
Kit Car Dreamer

martin butler is on a distinguished road

i thought i had better update progress , its been a few months,
Well the original time plan has slipped, due to presures on my wallet, so the car will not be on the road till the end of the summer,
i was able to get the registration reclaimed for the car, the chassis number did match up, and the v5 arrived christmas eve, hows that for a pressent),
the engine had to be rebuilt twice, i along with a friend put it in, only to discover it was partially seized, i had to remove the head ,and found that rust had formed in the bore and had stuck thepistons to the bore, i removed the engine again ,stripped everything again, and honed the bores , luckily there was no damage, so everything went back together and engine was reunited with car, since then, its been a slow though build up to the point where by engine start up is due in the next 2 weeks to a month, the wiring is now complete, and outstanding items are to fit fuel filters, change extended rear studs for metric 66mm, as the imperial 55 are not long enough, fill and bleed the brakes then double check all systems, i have missed this years shows but will be at detling with it,and stoneleigh next year in the time when i was unable to do any mechanical work, i rubbed down and prepared the body for painting, and the car is now in gloss black , and looks nice