View Single Post
Old 7th January 2018, 12:05

PeterRobinson is on a distinguished road

Thanks Phaeton, I've had another go at the problem of #1 cylinder.

This morning I swapped the spark plug lead to cylinder #4 and #4 still works ok.
I strongly suspected the injector and so I swapped injectors #1 and #2 and the fault is still with #1.
I bought new HT leads in case there was some intermittent fault but the fault is still with #1.
I suspected the fuel wiring but with engine running I could simply swap the connectors on the injectors so that #1 wiring was driving # 4 cylinder (it's a semi-sequential Omex 500 system). Of course it could barely keep running for the couple of seconds it took to make the switch as only cylinders #2 and #3 were firing, but the moment the connector hit the #4 injector it was back to life on 3 cylinders, showing (I imagine) that the wiring is OK.
That leaves the spark plug #1. I've changed the spark plug already to no avail, and I've seen/heard a spare plug firing normally when attached to the #1 HT lead!

I'm well known for doing something stupid/obvious and forgetting I've done it...! What might it be that I've missed or done? I'm familiar with the whole engine and it has worked until the summer, being Rolling-roaded as it stands at 195 bhp @ 7950 rpm.

Thanks again for any thhoughts,
Peter