View Single Post
Old 12th September 2015, 18:43

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Geoff - if you are covering the wooden door cards, have you considered a horizontal split about 1/3rd down the door panel towards the back. This will mean the bottom of the door car will be closer fittin that the top part.

Hard to describe but if you look at the pictures of my door you should hopefully see what I mean.

It has the effect of making it look like a fitted panel rather than a sheet of wood bolted to the door. Purely cosmetic but I was surprised by the visual difference

Thanks Nick will investigate , spent this afternoon installing a headlining and two pieces of trim , know I now why people have gone for the convertible version of the 250 swb (joke), what a difficult job , the *correct* method is to apply the glue to both surfaces and then fit! at this point there is zero chance of adjustment , my method was to apply the glue just to a small part of one surface press that part into place then apply more glue to the next section on just one surface and so on . The headlining was bought from Martrim in Sanbach and comes from a 1.5m wide roll 1m length would be £10 , I spent a total of £15 on the headlining and £10 for the glue , if doesn`t fall of overnight then that's finally a job completed , Geoff .