View Single Post
Old 28th January 2017, 10:32

paul_n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Swifty

Paul_N - Spooky!

I don't tend to reply to many build threads on Rods 'n' Sods, but I do like reading them.
( As I am always amazed by the high standard of fabrication work that is on display there. )

So I have actually been following your build with interest without realising it.

Especially, as it reminded me a bit of Medusa, which is one of my all time favourites.

By chance, I was actually thinking about posting a reply regarding your radiator question the other day.

As I was going to reference Mister Towed's experience of switching to a smaller, modern, radiator on his build.

In the end, he had to replace it with a new 'old fashioned' one, as it had better cooling properties.

You will find more details of his experience starting here:
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...t=4482&page=21

Good luck with your build, it should be amazing when finished.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for this most useful.

yes Medusa is an inspiration , mine may be called Magnum Lignum Bestia

A friend around the corner restores TR's and currently has a 4a in bits radiator looks a likely candidate so I will borrow that and see what it looks like.

I hope to recycle the Sherpa heater by stripping it down to it's bare essentials , as pointed out a 'proper ' car heater and fan can help in marginal cooling situations.

I don't really know where I am going I only have the destination in mind ! whether it will live up to my expectations remains to be seen !

Sorry for the thread hijack Paul