View Single Post
Old 7th June 2015, 21:14

jones is on a distinguished road

WOW, two days straight on the car and I feel it will ramp up from here now.

The plus side is all the planning and contemplating has played off and it's coming together.

Today was continue as per yesterday, unfortunately the two sides are not as symmetrical as one might hope for so adjustments had to be made.

So in case anyone is wandering what the messy stuff is in the pictures I used a glue gun to hold the pieces together from the font so that I could glass them in from the rear. It's a bit like spot welding it together and then its easy to check and make any adjustments before glassing them in. the interior shot is the two vents I had done yesterday that I had started to rough up for more glassing today.

I also started some sanding today on the nearside, mainly the flash lines. I then couldn't resist as I went through the gel coat in places to give it a touch of etch primer... that wasn't enough I wanted to check the provisional colour choice too.

Well I have to say I am binning that colour its just not right for the car, back to the drawing board and the next one will be much much darker I think.

Again I was conscious that the F1 was on at 7pm and I certainly need to freshen up and even though I was spoiled for the second day running by my wife - providing drinks and even an Italian platter of meats and breads for lunch both, I was certainly in need of dinner too. However, I was distracted upon putting the tools away and as I had the etch out I thought the roll cage was looking rather bare so put a coat on that then turned into a couple of coats of satin black. It's not bad but will need a gentle sand in a few places and another coat but quite please with the look. (Apologies no pictures due to my haste)

There were also some other jobs or research jobs completed including mock up of headling panels, plus the bonnet hinges...

Last edited by jones; 23rd September 2015 at 13:56..