Thread: Wardy's A352
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2018, 07:34

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

You can do the V5 changes with just a V5c , no MOT or Insurance documentation required . Only one of the pictures needs to show the number plate , but I tend to hang it on the new body , even if its just taped or cable tied ...
When filling it in , in the extra notes section be sure to stress that the vehicle is a re-body only , no chassis or running gear changes have been carried out and its just the replacement bodyshell . Also , state that as per DVLA current regulations , this entitles you to retain your original reg. no. vin no. and classic car status but the model name must change to reflect the new bodyshell , which is a ****** .
I tend to quote an example thats already been done as a reference too ...so quote Micks reg no. or something ...

I know it seems over the top to keep stressing the same thing , but there are people in these depts that have not done very much of this at all ...and giving them a little nudge to how it works and a previous case they can read the notes on , if required , can't do any harm and might just save you getting a letter from someone who has gotten the process all wrong .....I have had to explain on the phone how they need to do it before , after getting info back saying IVA required !!

Last edited by lancelot link; 11th May 2018 at 07:40..