View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:56

Barber is on a distinguished road

Well done Paul, a great opportunity to backward justify the expenditure that caused so much frisson when you were building the car (no doubt).

Today I used a sash cramp ("What on earth do you need that for?") to straighten the prongs on a garden fork that had become hideously deformed due to very stony ground, so one browny point to me.

I also cut and welded up a stand to allow storing bikes upright on their back wheel - it saves floorspace in the shed, and means I now have more room in the garage for the Lambretta project, as I can relocate the bikes to the shed.

I was supposed to be starting the dashboard swap on the Z3, but with rain forecast for the next couple of days, I wasn't sure this was the right time for that as it is best done with the roof down.

Also, your water feature gives me an idea for our own. The one in our last house was the slate obelisk type, but yours gives more scope for height variation. Food for thought. I never thought I could get my wife to look at this forum, so there's a first.