View Single Post
Old 21st October 2018, 07:27

tonyvan is on a distinguished road

Hi, sharing info is no problem, and ur right these things become a labour of love and the costs and time spent on them can sky rocket. We make mistakes along the way but learn from our experiences. As to a cost....... It depends on a lot of things, which particular make u have ur heart set on, the accuracy of build etc etc. I’ve seenr prices vary considerably. I feel ur pain as to wanting to know how much it would cost. U need to do ur research. I didn’t want a Mr2 conversion or a rebodied one. I set my heart on a deon, and I was able to find one pretty quickly although It did take me 8 months to finally get the deal done. Prices look like they are climbing on all cars, so to get a true bargain now days is pretty rare.Gt40s and cobra replicas are going through the roof if u find a good replica, and the same applies to the Dino, I’ve seen prices range from £10.000 on e.bay at the moment and I’ve seen 2 others one going for 40k plus and the other 39k. Just seen a maribue up for an eye watering 60k plus!!As the originals climb in price the replicas seem to also. Obviously u can try get a part built one which will be a lot cheaper, and u can tailor it to how u want it. There was a part built deon on e.bay recently, not sure if it’s still around or for sale.i don’t know the laws on importing something like that into Canada etc. Keep hunting one may surface.

Last edited by tonyvan; 21st October 2018 at 07:31..