Thread: Jba falcon
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 11:48

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillythekid View Post
Thanks for the replies, I have quite a few receipts for the build including original bills from when the previous owner purchased the kit , also there is a few pictures in different build stages although not many , I have possibly everything needed to finish it , carpets ,trim,roof dials and switches etc , it's just the more I read into the Iva test the more it scares me especially as I haven't built the majority of it and from what I can gather jba no longer exists I do however think it would be a shame not to put it on the road as it's quite a nice looking car , if I could work out how to put pictures on this thread you could see the amount of time and effort has been put into it already
IVA isn't to be feared from my experience. The test guys are sensible, and (on the whole) the rules are as well. Just go through it with a fine toothcomb, and beware of some peoples' perception of it (eg you DON'T need to have daytime running lights). Main things seem to be lighting angles (esp side repeaters) seatbelt attachments and heights above seat pad etc. Straightforward as long as you read the requirements. In case you don't know the manual is available online. JBA are still around (in Norfolk) but any assistance for an older model may be limited.