View Single Post
Old 5th June 2016, 18:15

89Rallye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by molleur View Post
Well done, looking really good!
Thank you!

Ive had a well earned break away in the sun today, although I did call into our unit to pick up some missing bits of trim id left down there.

Yesterday didnt go so well though really,

Shes now back down on her wheels again and hopefully this is the final run in of the mot preparations. I also remembered to fill the engine with oil again before running it up! (id drained it out as I was planning on putting it on its side which never happened in the end)

Now Ive been around beetles and beetle related cars (Karmann Ghia for one) for a long time now, so I dont know if it was a hangover from the night before or the heat but it took me most of the afternoon to get the pedal assembly back in connected up and adjusted correctly.

Thankfully though after all the welding everything has lined up again.

Then things took a turn for the worse, not the end of the world admittedly but it felt like it when it happened!

I've given up on the idea of changing the gauge faces and im pretty sure a speedo is an mot requirement anyway, so I started re-assembling the puzzle.

I also installed a little upgrade ive been thinking about for the last few weeks,

LED backlighting to replace the utterly useless single bulb, not that its ever going to get much used at night but you never know.

Then fitted back into the dash along with a fuel gauge I found in a box of bits left over from my Karmann build. Which I think is better looking than the one that came out.

Ive never seen this mounting though, its a US gauge so maybe it something they use? I dont really wanting to notch the dashboard so may file these off and make a standard style mount for the rear of it.

Anyone any ideas?

Then like a dick went and dropped this while cleaning it,

You can hardly notice it though, honest!

So things are on hold again while I order up some new glass but I can complete the wiring and then I think its just seatbelts to go in and Ive a set of boots to fit to the gearbox.

Last edited by 89Rallye; 5th June 2016 at 18:24..