View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 11:14

trev dunn is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for all the positive comments.
Paul thanks for the offer I will send some more pics over next few days.
Andy, that is praise indeed from from someone with a great car like yours. Throughout my build I kept referring to your blog for inspiration and shamelessly steal ideas. After the spray job the back deck of the car still seemed a bit ragged so to cover it up /hid it I was inspired by a Alfa Spider I once had which had the same type of chrome trim around the back deck. I made up a cardboard template and cut it from the chrome vinyl but has is the case it did not fit due to the curvature of deck so I just cut a extra large pieces of vinyl got out the hot gun and folded it around the curves and trimmed the edges it had to be done in 3 pieces, I'm happy with the results.
Steve good point we were on a deadline to get the car ready for Stoneleigh and the mesh was something at the back of the garage which we used. The mesh on ebay looks much ciassier and it should be easy enough to take off the existing mesh from under the bonnet, its currently on with stickafix painted over.
Ian I agree Wilf and is son Tom are brilliant at what they do, my brother in law was his initial partner with their first garage so we have known each other for 46 years (grumpy old bastards) but all is not perfect, when machine polishing the car we notice some very small pin pricks on the back end and the small bonnet, these will be scotch's brited on the end of a needle file, paint dropped in and when fully hard it will be polished back, Wilf knows what he is doing anyway.
The car was originally blue so I to do a lot work to cover the original colour including the engine bay and insides of the doors but like the rest of you guys when working on our cars your mind is in a different place.
I tried to get an exhibitors pass for the Tatton Park Classic and Performance Car Show on June 3rd and 4th but all full up, unless anything silly happens I will still be going.There is another show at Tatton in August and my never miss event The Oulton Park Gold Cup with plenty original classics racing and plenty club stands. I have applied for a exhibitors passes for both so hope it works out. If anyone is interested it would be great to meet up even if we don't have club patch.
Thanks again for all your comments.
Cheers
Trev