View Single Post
Old 24th January 2018, 12:17

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Today's lunchtime update is that some shiny stuff arrived.

I will be removing, cleaning and treating the old bracket before fitting it to the new front ARB links.
20180124_123025 by WCA!, on Flickr

Another new thing was the special 'difficult nut' sockets. The sockets have a sort of petal pattern and the bit provided with them suggests they are meant to be used on an impact drill. Unfortunately I don't have one but I do have an adapter socket so I can get my big wrench on to the end.
20180124_123238 by WCA!, on Flickr

Less than two minutes later and the first nut was removed. The second took even less time. Why didn't I get the right tools earlier.
20180124_124109 by WCA!, on Flickr

These are the offending nuts. I think that most of the damage was done before I got the new sockets rather than being caused by them so it looks like they work well on rounded nuts.
20180124_124802 by WCA!, on Flickr

I am happy to have got the nuts out. I am less happy that the corner of my carpet was sticking out of the garage door when I left it and has managed to act as a wick for all the water so I now have a wet back. Once I get the garage floor a bit drier and have a little time I will loosen off the clamps and release the rear ARB. If it ever stops raining I will blast over it with the angle grinder and then measure it for new bushes and drop links.