The Italian Job:
Year - 1969
Car - Lamborghini Miura
Engine - 3929cc V12
Location - Grand Saint Bernard Pass, The Alps, North West Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-tLiNqmGoo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prologue:
I think the original opening sequence of The Italian Job really captures the pure joy of driving…
A lovely day, a beautiful car, great roads and scenery, accompanied by a soundtrack to match (V12 engine + Matt Munro).
Unfortunately, I don't have a Lamborghini, there are no mountain passes near here and I'm not as good looking as Rossano Brazzi.
On the other hand, I do have a car I spent many years building myself and finally being able to drive it is worth celebrating.
Whilst I couldn't make a decent 'frame by frame' replica of the film, I did managed to include a few tribute camera shots in places.
And without wishing to give too much away, I can confirm that I didn't die in a ball of flames in a dark tunnel at the end!

The Director's Cut:
My original plan was to keep the whole thing under 3 minutes to match the timing of the film.
I'd even made cuts to the 'On days like these' sound track to match, as the original song is much longer.
So the middle section was pulled together with this in mind and is a lot of short clips.
However, after all the effort Mark & Owen put in earlier today, I've used longer clips at the beginning & end.
Which means I used the full length version of the song and ended up with a running time of a shade over 4 minutes.
But please ignore any clunky edits, dodgy continuity, etc. and just enjoy my first attempt at making a car video for what it is…

The Harrow Job:
Year - 2017
Car - Triumph Swordfish
Engine - 1493cc inline 4
Location - Harrow Hill and roads around North West London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPNRvlshGI