Thread: Steering wheel
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2019, 19:36

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughandjen View Post
Hi
I’ve been looking at your interior and really like the way you have done the centre console around the handbrake and gear lever. Did you use ply covered with leather? I’m putting in a double din pioneer unit in the dash as I want some modern features, reversing camera, blue tooth etc and am struggling to W enough space up there. I think if i do what you have done I could locate some switches on that panel.
Nice looking car welshkiwi 👍
Hi Hugh, thanks for the kind comments, can’t claim the centre console though as that is standard OEM for the car I bought. I was really lucky though that the 2.8 that I picked up had a really nice black and wood interior which just seemed to fit the look without having to do too much. I will eventually play with the interior and “period it” a bit more but only after the car is on the road for a bit. Totally understand on the double din, not a lot of room there so you will need to be creative with where you put other bits.

Keep an eye on the build thread as i’ll post more about the steering wheel later. Just got it fitted this morning, got the clock spring assy to fit by opening up all three locations and centering the unit, held by all three screws now with a dab of thread lock for good measure. Fitted the steering wheel, needed 2mm removed from the column spacer so a while filing, dimensioning and papering/polishing and it all worked out ok. Reminded me of my apprentice days and endless hrs of filing metal into shapes etc! Cheers.