View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2016, 07:13

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charman.tech View Post
... Your last set of photos look just like our G46 which as some may remember we moved the bulk head back 200mm (8 inches) to get that long bonnet and front wing...
As if by magic.

Funnily enough, I also see similarities with some of the ideas I used on my car (e.g. wider body shell to cover the rear wheels).

Having said that, I stole, sorry, borrowed, many of my better ideas from other builders.

So whilst the G-46 had a front wing section something like this new project, the Spyder and Cordite didn't.

I'm sure christinedmc's #47 was first builder I saw convert the Spyder bonnet into this style.
( Photo Cropped from a Jerome Wassenaar original, as all of Michiel's build photos have disappeared. )

So I just followed him and others (e.g. Mac & Swifty).

I guess I just really want this project to incorporate all the high points of previous builds, a Bestofa Centoventi if you will.

Gary - The cuts in the body shell for the door openings look "deep" in the photo above.

Are the sides of the body shell cutouts at the rear set at an angle to allow "deep" doors to swing open?

Good luck, Paul.