View Single Post
Old 25th September 2015, 17:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Roadster - Rather than reply on Deggsy's thread, I'll say thanks on here for the offer of some extra "force" on my clutch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Frustrating Friday - Part 1:
In the cold light of day, the painted steering column cover looked even worse than it did last night.

So I've sanded all the paint completely off and will simply leave it as a grey panel for now.

I attached the number plate light to the painted bracket.

Dug out the hand brake lever.

And removed the warning light sensor, as I've already removed the warning light itself from the dash.

There was something bugging me after I laid the wires out yesterday.
( As I was sure there was more slack when I tested the layout before. )

So a quick check on some old photos reminded me that I needed to lay out the wires this way instead.

Then I turned this fibreglass off cut...

Into 6 fixing brackets for the front lighting wiring loom.

Now what I should have done was mix up some fibreglass filler and stick these brackets into a big blob of that.

Unfortunately, what I actually did was attempt to use fibreglass matting to hold then in place.

What I had not taken into account was the fact that these brackets were not supported, so wanted to fall over all the time.

In the end it took all of the matting shown in the photo above (and a bit extra) just to get the three brackets on one side in place.

So I had to do it all again to get the other side done and this was a seriously messy process.

Note:
Both the fibre glassing sessions had sudden gusts of wind blow the small bits of matting all over the place.

While I was waiting for that to set, I refilled the radiator.

I also refitted the steering column cover.

End of Part 1...