View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 10:44

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Thanks, softfeet.
I have updated my post above now I have calmed down a bit!
The proposal is that at the IVA you have to meet the current MOT requirements for emissions (which could of course change at any time in the future!).
I'm confused
The section 4.10 states
"Kit cars undergoing IVA will not be required to meet WLTP, given that at present they are not required to meet NEDC or the latest EU standards. Instead they are tested to age-appropriate MOT standards, on the basis of the date of manufacture or first use of the engine”

Yet the consultation question 10 asks

"Are you content to require kit cars submitted for IVA to meet the latest MOT standards, thereby removing the current rule that kit cars are IVA tested to MOT standards according to engine age?"

Also
re section 4.11
“We are proposing that for kit cars, compliance with the MOT emissions standards current at the date of registration will be required, despite the use of an older engine. In other words the current relaxation for emissions according to the age of the engine will no longer apply.”

If you've already passed IVA with a pre 92 engine (and had the non cat limits applied at the IVA test) because your date first registered will be post 2000 will you have the cat limits applied to your car at it's next MOT???????

Last edited by NeilF355; 7th February 2018 at 11:18..