View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 12:05

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At Stoneleigh it was notable that 30% floor space in the main halls was empty. Fewer people everywhere. Some stands packed up and went home on Sunday evening.
I guess it's the economic 'squeeze' (blame Brexit?) but it would seem financial suicide as a seller to ignore the biggest show for your product where you have a captive market.
Quote:
DNA out of business, but the top end market looks ok. Tribute probably missed Stoneleigh due to the expense and time, spent on publicity, not being rewarded.
Reading 'between the lines' and if rumours are to be believed they had a product which was selling well, and a horses head on the doorstep halted sales of a profitable product!

If people (generally on other forums) talk the industry down, that doesn't help. I admit to not having put a car through IVA (did SVA), but if the guidelines are followed I don't see why it should frighten some people so much - I'd prefer a well tested car on more modern running gear than one using a 50 year old chassis that doesn't handle as well (for the sake of a few hundred quid extra)