View Single Post
Old 10th July 2018, 19:35
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

So, very little progress on the Sabre over the last few months due to other priorities and projects taking up all my time. The painting of all the body parts was completed and all parts are now safely stored back in my garage loft awaiting re-assembly.

Here's a quick summary of a few jobs completed over the last few weeks.
Picking up on my last update back in May, I finished modifying the fuel tank level sender and tested it.

Fuel Level sender by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I then fitted it to the tank to seal up the tank and stop anymore dust getting in. I did give the tank a good hoover out before fitting the sender/pump unit.
I really struggled to fit the locking ring until I made up this improvised tool. With my hands on the wooden baton I was able to push down and turn the ring.

Fuel level sender locking ring tool by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Some weeks back I chemically stripped the paint from the camshaft cover but everytime I finished cleaning it, it then oxidised and left white powdery residue. So I decided to have it shot blasted. It was amazing to find a grit blaster in a farm building only half a mile from my home. Nice matt finish ready for primer.

Engine Camshaft Cover by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Then a quick coat of VHT primer and topcoat.

I've also painted the engine sump.....

Sump painted by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I know I've said it before but I hope to have some more regular updates to follow

....peter