View Single Post
Old 19th August 2017, 11:35

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - I might be hanging on by my fingertips, but I'm definitely hanging on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday Morning Painting Show:
With apologies to Elvis Presley…

"It's now or never,
Hold my brush tight
Paint me my darling,
But be dry by tonight
Tomorrow will be too late,
It's now or never
My car won't wait."

My wife's brother is coming over from Ireland tomorrow and staying for a week.

So I have a pile of chores to do today, including relocating all the parts sitting in the dining room.

Despite the thunder and lightening of yesterday, today's forecast was dry.

My morning also started well, as I was looking at the latest photos of Mr T's car.

So I took my chances and started with a gentle flatting back of the previous coat.

Then there was the usual round of wiping down and tacking off.

Before I had a minor shock when I opened the box with the paint in it to and saw "Bronze" instead of "Brunswick".

Thankfully that appears to have been just a typo, although it is hard to get a decent photo of the colour.
( The paint is reflecting the grey of my sweatshirt. )

Although, to be honest, even if it had been bronze green (whatever that is) I would have probably used it anyway.

I bought an extra 2.5 litres this time, so I could make sure the inside of the bonnet was one shade of BRG too.

Unfortunately, in my case, I really think that "Practise makes no difference whatsoever".

As I appeared to be able to create "lime peel" almost as will.

Still, the whole point of this coat was to ensure I would have enough paint to sand back.

One down side of yesterday's rain was I couldn't set the boot lid up on the grass.

So, given how windy it is today, I expect to be picking leaves out of the paint later.

Which means that unless I do something stupid during the sanding down stage, the BRG painting is finished.

Right, I better go and do my chores, so until next time, take care, Paul.