View Single Post
Old 13th June 2015, 07:13

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul, as ever these jobs are a challenge but that's what I enjoy.

Once it's sorted it's going to be a joy to have. It's the first time I have driven an open top car since I can't remember when. Must have been the late 60's in my fathers Alvis TC21 Tickford drophead.

I am really looking forward to driving it in the Lakes, over the classic passes, Hardknot, Wrynose, Blea Tarn, Honister, Winlatter, etc. Take a picnic and have a nice day.

I seem to have joined a community of soft top drivers! My most enthusiastic admirers seem to be the drivers of modern, expensive cars like Merc's and BM's, who throw admiring looks my way! Despite the incomplete and somewhat rugged appearance of the car.

Keep plugging away at your car Paul, you will get there, I am missing your regular updates but I understand your position.

Once I have completed the shake down jobs and snagging I plan to start an 'On the Road' thread as Mr. Towed has done. While it's good to share the car build side of kitcar ownership, the fun doesn't stop when it's finished, in fact on the road is the main event. If I can share that and provide an insight into the usage side it may provide additional incentive for others to push on with their builds.