View Single Post
Old 13th August 2017, 18:40

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Pretty sure Chris hasn't committed to anything on paper with Nubodi ( but none of my business ) ...You are right ...there are orders placed and deposits paid ...but you can stop offering new deals at any time ...satisfy whats on the table but offer no more ...Chris wouldn't return deposits and re-neg. , you are right but he hasn't got his balls tightened in an Italian vice with the threat of legal action forcing him to stop immediately .....

Doesn't need to be to DNA standard ...It can be to Nubodi standard ... doesnt take a genius to work out that a 3 grand Z3 , plus a kit you make yourself , plus a couple of grands worth of accessories plus a £5000 paint job allowing for all issues to be dealt with ...comes to a lot less than the prices being bandied about .....

Ongoing isn't it ? not finished or being marketed yet , last time I looked ...

I don't want to get into a huge debate about this ..it's not my argument ...but looking in from the outside , its not hard to do the maths and , if , as a few on here are trying to suggest , the prices will go up and up ...anyone with their foot in the door , ie. the manufacturer , would be mad to not look at the possibility of turnkey being a better option and , by them controlling kit sales , ie. withdrawing them , they can sustain that market place ...

Its only a couple of weeks since we were all debating the validity of a mid 20's price tag ...now we are looking at people wanting twice that ......If it was my kit , I'd be sitting up and taking notice of that ....
Whilst Nubodi have upped the standards with their builds, there is nothing to stop individuals (at present) from buying the kit then going to any build finisher in the country. (As you know) The point is also well made, there is a big gap between current fully built cars and the prices being touted for retail. If the demand at those prices is real and strong, the only way to stop others from speculating for profit, is to control the output to approved build channels, else up the kit price significantly. But then what happens if the high price demand rapidly falls away? Drop prices again - would those who got lost off when they went up still be there when they came back down?

There is a lot of risk in pursuing either in a small market, even if an orderly switch can be effected.