View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2019, 19:07

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Largely a day of tidying up rough edges having applied the vinyl and stripes over the last week. This included a bit more patching under the door handles which blended in rather well (ps. The pic below was taken earlier in the day before I’d patched the drivers side door handle recess!)

The black vinyl 9mm stripe also arrived for applying to the centre crease/indent along the side of the car.

If I’m honest I’m not sure about this, particularly around the front bumper area. Original cars had it, including those in Rally liveries so I’ll leave it on for now and see if it grows on me. Would be interested in what folks think who have been following my thread.

I then indulged myself in applying the Ghia badges I’d bought way back even before the kit had arrived from Tribute. And yes the original cars had these, as a nod to the fact the Ghia design studio in Turin played a major role in styling the RS200.

Final task for today was to redo the matt black paint around the rear screen recess. The use of masking tape to apply the stripes had taken its toll on this. Once it’s dry tomorrow I will fit the battery isolator and then put the rear screen back in using the hex head DZus bolts I’ve bought to replace the D-ring fasteners I’d been using so far. Oh and I must make time to fit the mudflaps - they’ve been on the to do list for too long now :-)

Last edited by SwiftyDS; 3rd October 2019 at 19:09..