Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2013, 09:18

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Rear end

As shown in earlier posts we "bob tailed" the rear end.

Have experimented with flat rear panel and that did not add anything to the styling so we decided to form a new rear end using the cut off part.

What we wanted was a flat rear end to take lights and the number plate but wanted to mould that into the top sides and underneath of the reshaped rear wings so we made a new panel up so here is the effort, this is a long way from finished and just stuck in position at the moment.

we frenched in the number plate and rear lights partially but not sure if the light position works and there is some shaping to do as the bottom panel meets the lower side of the rear wing.

As I said not sure about the rear light position or where reverse or fog light may go I think they will hang down as additional items as this period never really had them as standard

I guess with both the front and rear lights we are not going to get into all the silliness with the SVA poistion above ground and all that as this is a re-bodied car?

Still might loose the filler cap hump and make it a smooth line across the back.