Thread: Updates!
View Single Post
Old 11th November 2012, 14:09
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Paint on the back of the adapter to avoid any rust

A tube of heat shielding goes over the brakes hoses, this adds extra heat protection as they run past the servo underneath it.

The most useful tool ever in a situation where you can’t see – a camera on the end of a long bendable probe!

Snake cam, allowed me to easily locate bolts and screws while using the laptop screen to see what was going on.

With the aid of this tool I bolted up the rose joint to the brake pedal.

Old heat shield adapted and fitted under the master cylinder, the extra tube covers from the heat shield back.

The heat shield keep everything nice a cool as it’s directly above the exhaust manifold. The servo gets close to the side, but there’s more than enough room! (Zip tie is temporary until I get some ali foil tape to finish it off properly.

Lots of clearance for the bonnet to close.

Here is is all back together again! Took it for a quick test drive, it was cold dark and the first time I’ve needed to use the fog light on the car!

Initial impressions – pedal travel is longer, but way more progressive. The feel is much more like my tintop – not as much bite but much easier to use.
Took it out again today and tried a few emergency stops, it stop nice and straight and you can pump the pedal relativity easily to stop the wheels from locking.

All in all a very good upgrade!