View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 18:57

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
I reopened my case tonight as I have had no feedback since 10th April.
No contact,
No feedback
and no changes to correct the website!!!
Same subject, different theme............................

I think we've always been puzzled by the discrepancy that you are able to drive your vehicle to the VOSA test station for the IVA test, but that once its been tested, shown to be safe and to meet current standards, that you have to trailer it to the DVLA local office to get it registered.

I phoned DVLA Swansea earlier in the week, as no local office numbers are published, to ask for the local office number so that I could book an appointment to register the car. I assumed an inspector would have to be there as I need to prove the identity of the car - engine No, chassis No etc. After an extremely long and confusing conversation, Swansea tell me that the local office doesn't even need to see the car because the "inspection" has been done during IVA.

Now that would be great but it all sounds to "joined up" to be true. So I'm off to the local DVLA office to join the queue, because I'm not allowed to phone them directly, to see if their view is the same. Watch this space. And will I get an age related plate......................