View Single Post
Old 28th March 2015, 16:46

Paul L is on a distinguished road

A New Hope - Part 2:
And there you have it, after what seems like an eternity, my "simple" access panel finally works.

But before I get too excited, there is still a bit of work I need to do:
- Weld some bracing to the catches.
- Smooth out both bottom edge corners that where previously built up for the locking pins.
- Set the final panel gaps around the boot lid.
- Sort out the lid locating pins.

So I removed the bottom locks & started sanding the bottom edge corners.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far before rain returned again, so I had to wipe this area down to get the photo.

I am looking forward to getting a coat of etch primer on, as this will give a better idea of how the locks will actually look in practise.

However, I really hope that by the time everything is in BRG this over complicated arrangement will not look too fussy.

As it is still damp out I think that is it for today, so I will end this update with some other stuff...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kit Car Building:
When I started my Cordite project I figured that if an accountant with no car building experience could build one, anyone could.

Unfortunately, the harsh reality of a "problematic" kit, combined with my limited skills and lack of facilities has been very tough.

However, I absolutely love the new Tribute 250 SWB kit.

It has classic car looks, great donor car performance & reliability, plus a "simple" method of construction.

Chris & Dan are seriously hard workers, but even so, this transformation took less than 3 weeks!

Donor Car Arrived - 9th March 2015

Donor Car Stripped - 12th March 2015

Roadworthy SWB 250 - 26th March 2015

Clearly it is not 100% finished, but Bob (Hurnleft) was still able to drive it home.

In a few weeks I will have reached 3 years of building & the best I can now hope for is a sub 4 year build.

The never ending list of things to do just seems to grind me down these days and it is hard to stay motivated.

But as I said yesterday, I know I have reached a real low point of the build, with everything in bits all over my drive.

So I am hoping that as things finally start getting put back together and the weather improves so will my spirits.

Spooky!
I mentioned the FFR '33 Hot Rod the other day and it is featured on the cover of this month's KitCar.

You May Want To Look Away Now...

One-off Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS 'Porter Special' crashes into rare Lister-Jaguar at Goodwood | Autoweek

Right, I'm off to tidy up all the stuff I've dumped in the porch to shelter from the rain.

So until next time, take care, Paul.