View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 19:15
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Mine too. Don't think I've ever seen a real one in the flesh, only seen copies at kit car shows, some are damned impressive.

Would have loved an EG Automotive kit and one did come up on ebay a few months ago but funds were just not there. This one is a very old Robin Hood kit based on a TR7. Body panels are pretty good and I've also got a coupe panel should I choose to go that route.

TR7 has already been stretched to get the correct wheelbase but has some rust issues. Not sure I'm going to use it to be honest as I had long thought a TVR 350 would make a better base and as it has the correct wheelbase (give or take a mm) then I reckon I could just rebody it and avoid IVA.

Would need to incorporate the TR7 windscreen, frame, side windows and hood to get the correct look.

Lots of work and thinking to do. Will probably have to make the front indicator lenses somehow as replacements cost more than I paid for the kit and TR7. Think someone on here made their own rear lenses but can't find the thread now.

John