View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:48
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter
1. Silly question but of the two pins on the rear diff speed sensor, is 1 an earth (or ignition live??) and the other sends the signal? (my wiring diagrams are for E38 onwards, and the E36 Haynes manual doesn't cover it)
2. No, I'm not sure either, but I think the relevant pins for the crankshaft sensor are 8 and 21 on Module 3. There are also some possibilities for pins 36 and 37 on Module 4 but not sure about these. Also pins 2, 11 and 21 on Mod 4 go to the instrument cluster but I can't find out exactly what they do?
3. Was going to use pin26 on Mod 3 for the oil pressure. My rear fuel pump instructions suggest it should be wired to the oil pressure switch for safety reasons. Did you do this ?
5. I agree that the BMW sensor would have been nicer but I'm doing the same as you because (i) it seems easier (ii) the original sensor connector was already sheared off when I got the engine!
Good luck!
By the way, if anyone is interested, I have a possible donor vehicle available - S-reg, 528i Touring, 156k, runs superb, bodywork not great and various interior niggles, only drawback is its an automatic.
Tim