View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2006, 21:14
Kit Car Dreamer

PJC is on a distinguished road

Easier here in the Netherlands, NO WAY.
We have something called the RDW.

The way to go for me is have my kit for SVA in England, and as it looks right now the talk is that we have to have the car at least half a year at english license plate, but that's not sure yet.
Then I have to import it. Not only pay BTW (=tax) but also BPM. That's another way to get money in the pocket of the state....

Anyway, the RDW is the official government department for vehicles and they are keen on everything. It means that a catalyst is necessary and a lot more stuff. The look at the kitcar as a brand new car that will be imported.
So the building I hope to start with again in a few months, but I'm not afraid of the SVA. The RDW can give me more headaches because it's absolutely not sure what they will do in the next years.

Petrol heads, yes we are mad too !
Lot's of farmers and scrapyard owners do cross with there cars. Forward and even backward races with DAF'jes. Stockcar races we have lot's of here and even more (technical) fun is tractor pulling. Yes, put an engine of an airplane on a modified tractor and try to get as much weight to the other end of the pitlane. Do you know what I mean? Do you have that too?

Peter-Jan