View Single Post
Old 4th June 2015, 22:33

jones is on a distinguished road

Thank you Ned & Paul for your kind words.

I have now moved back to my own house last weekend and back to work after 4 weeks of temporary relocation back my homeland of Norfolk.

This weekend I am having to replace my shocks on Jag XF, doing it myself as I have fallen out with my local dealerships whom kept blaming my front bushes and then worn out tyres (3mm left them) for my poor handling over the last few months despite me protesting that its definitely in my opinion shocks were to blame. I thought I am merely a novice and shall bow to what should be their almighty knowledge working with these cars day in day out so first I agreed to having the bushes replaced... no that wasn't it but a few hundred quid lighter. They then assured it me it could only be the tyres now, so again depsite my gut telling me otherwise i duly spent the best part of a grand on 4 new tyres and tracking.... no that wasn't it either and to make things worse the handling was in my opinion deteriorating!

with the down time I had in Norfolk I was able to take full use of my old tools stored at my parents and get the car up on jacks, having checked everything that moved and even somethings that don't I proved to myself and obviously the very bouncy and soft offside front corner kind of helped confirm it was in fact the shock that had gone.

Oh well rant over but it will be another weekend away from what I wanted to do this weekend... But I still might get a chance on at least marking out the rear C pillar vents similar to Neds.

Last edited by jones; 4th June 2015 at 22:38..