View Single Post
Old 14th June 2015, 22:59

jones is on a distinguished road

So the weather played it's part and Saturday i managed to only get a few hours in and today was no better other than I had to catch up on some work this morning and got out this afternoon.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures on Saturday but I did keep honest to my intentions, the lovely Mrs Jones allowed me very graciously to use her pride and joy Mini to take some rubbish to the tip. I then decided that the constant drizzle will not stop me! I got the front of the car under the protection of the open garage door and as far in as I could get it and still move around. I set to work on the front N/S front wing area, for me the wing cure flattened out a little on top so started by removing the flash lines and building up some filler on top to help raise its curves a little. In Between drying times I continued to plug away at the hinge idea, it will work and I will not be beaten by this.

I had lingering clouds all day today so I was not confident in pulling the tarp off and removing the back end to sort out the headlining. So I nudged the car forwards under the garage door and set to work again. Today my focus was on a couple of small things building out the front a little as it was a bit flat where the new vents and slots for the fog lights were cut in. the second was for me so small and 99% of people will never know but it could not go unresolved. the perspex headlight cover recess was not even all the way round and on the O/S at the top it was non existent. So that is what i got stuck into for the rest of the afternoon it's now 1.2cm all all around with one more final fill an sand for final shape etc. not much to show for the effort but I know that it means one more small job done and something achieved to nudge the car closer to the finish line.

obviously the obligatory pictures, I couldn't find a great pic of the before so this goes back to when i first got the Kit- quite liking the two tone primer effect for the headlights though...

p.s. the darker primer is the areas that have been sanded to primary stage rough shape that I am happy with before proper body prep takes place.

Last edited by jones; 14th June 2015 at 23:03..